Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunny Fall Sprint Triathlon Day!

Looks like I'm on a roll - a post on schedule!  After a long day Saturday for the high school swim meet (which we won!), I decided I needed to complete another sprint distance tri practice on Sunday morning.  I woke up a bit late - to a beautiful sunny fall day.  I was able to convince Rylie and Kaylin to do some of the workout with me. 



The plan was for all of us to leave the house together, then about half way through the ride Kaylin would split off and head home to await our call to meet us down at the club with my swim stuff.



The bike ride progressed as planned, though Rylie and I stopped a few times to let Kaylin catch up.  We thouroughly enjoyed the scenery and the smell of ripe grapes in the air.  At the track I managed to jog 3.25 miles in 37 minutes.  That calculates out to 11:22 minute miles.  I kept the pace steady throughout.  Apparently Rylie thought my jog was photo worthy...


At the club I managed to swim 500 yards in 8 and a half minutes.  All in all it was a great day!


Last week I swam 1.25 miles on Monday, 1 mile on Wednesday, hiked the grade on Tuesday and Thursday (4.75 miles), and biked 8 and a half miles on Friday (with Rylie), in addition to the sprint distance triathlon practice today (12.5 mile bike ride, 3.25 mile jog, 500 yard swim).

Despite my hard efforts exercising, I was a bit of a slacker in the nutrition department.  I didn't journal every day and I snacked a lot.  My goal for next week is to journal everything and to eat better!  If the weather is gorgeous, I'm going to try to convince Kaylin to join me in a short bike ride...

Until next week, keep bounding away at something that makes you happy!

The Marsupial Maven!

No comments:

Post a Comment