Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year!

So I didn't see any weight come off, but I can't really expect it to when I've been eating too much good food...Despite the freezing weather, ice and snow, I did exercise three days this past week - using the Couch to 5K app - it was week 2.  I walked/jogged 1.83 mi Tuesday, 1.88 mi Wednesday, and 1.9 mi today (Sunday) for a total of 5.65 miles.  My caloric intake for the week averaged at 1400 calories.  I expect that continuing to work and eat healthier foods this next week will help the scale battle.  But even if it doesn't, I'm not quitting!  I know that sometimes I have to work really hard for several weeks to a month before the scale starts to move.  That's also why I've taken measurements!  I'll take them again probably at the end of January.  I'm trying not to get too focused on my weight and focus instead on my health and really pay attention to how well I can handle the workouts and my breathing.


That's a nice transition - my breathing has been an issue.  I think it's a combination of being really out of shape and my propensity for getting brochial stuff in the winter, but I've felt like I needed to use my inhaler (bronchial thing) almost every time I've worked out for the past few weeks...I'll keep tabs on this issue to see how it goes.


It's freezing, I'm tired and sweaty from my treadmill workout, and I've got to teach high schoolers for the first time in two weeks tomorrow morning...so I'd better get to bed!



Hope you keep on hoppin!


The Marsupial Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment